Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Something to do

Australian Aaron is working in Samoa for six months. He is originally form Alice Springs. He decided to escape the heat of the Central Australia to the one of the most peaceful countries in Pacific. 


He heard about couchsurfing from his co-worker and decided to sign in, because he has a lot of free time on his hands. “I live with an Australian man who is really nice and I also know few expatriates in Apia but other than that I don’t have that many friends in here. I have hosted few times in here and I have gotten some useful tips about traveling overseas from the surfers and I am planning to stay with one them in New Zealand later this year. 


What I love about couchsurfing is that it really does give benefits for both: the ‘surfer and the host.” Aaron says. I haven’t gotten that many requests and I believe it is because of the location. Samoa is not that popular backpacking destination as any big European city. There isn’t that many things to do around here in addition to island hopping, but I am happy to help the surfer to get the best out of his stay in here” Aaron says. 

No comments:

Post a Comment