Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Safety first!

Mexican Arturo lives in La Paz with his wife and two daughters. He found out about couchsurfing a year ago already, but his wife wasn’t as excited about an idea getting a random person to stay under their roof. He wanted to host so that his daughters would get to know different people from countries they have never been and so that they could practice their English with the surfers as well. Eventually his wife came around and let him to set up a profile on couchsurfing.com. Mexican peso is quite weak currency in the world and to have a month long holiday in Europe for four people is very expensive. “So I decided to invite the world to our home instead!” Arturo says laughing. “Also I think it is important for my kids to get to know people from another countries, because soon they will go to university and maybe they can study abroad if they have right contacts.” He adds.

 

Arturo has a big house, but there is only room for female surfers for a safety reason. “I have two female teenagers in the house and I don’t want to risk their safety. I saw the same rule on someone else’s profile and decided to use it. I have gotten few request to stay at our place from male surfers who clearly didn’t read my profile properly. I replied and explained why I couldn’t host them and I think they understood me perfectly.” He says. Arturo’s family is also very busy with other relatives visiting and hence they would like to get the requests well in time so that they have enough time to organize the house for the surfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment